VISX STAR S4™ Excimer Laser System
VISX laser systems have been used to perform millions of laser vision correction procedures in the U.S. and around the world. Every year, more doctors use VISX lasers to perform laser vision correction surgery than any other system. The VISX STAR S4 is one of the most advanced systems on the market today. This technologically advanced laser offers faster treatments using variable spot beam technology and an eye tracking system that tracks in all three dimensions. (See our website section on Excimer Laser Technology for more details.)
The VISX STAR S4 can be used in combination with VISX CustomVue™ to address the unique imperfections of each individual’s vision. (See our website section on Wavefront Diagnostic Technology for more details.)
Why we use the VISX STAR S4 Excimer Laser System:
- The STAR 4 variable beam technology allows the doctor to treat patients with different laser beam sizes and shapes, determined by each patient’s visual needs.
- The VISX Exclusive SmartBeam™ technology adjusts beam size according to treatment, minimizing the amount of corneal tissue that needs to be removed.
- With ActiveTrak™ 3D eye-tracking technology, the laser detects and compensates for small eye movements by guiding the laser beam to keep it centered precisely over the treatment area.
- VISX’s exclusive Active Trak™ is the only system that allows the doctor to track eye movement in all three dimensions. Having the beam centered correctly on the eye at all times helps ensure precise results.
- Unlike other lasers with eye-tracking technology, ActiveTrak requires no pupil dilation, leading to an even quicker recovery time.
- VISX laser systems produce an extremely smooth surface on the cornea after the procedure. Smoother ablations, as they’re known, promote faster healing and result in better visual outcomes.
- VISX laser systems achieve an optical zone that may result in reduced problems with night vision.
- VISX laser systems require a shorter procedure time than many lasers, which enhances comfort and may reduce the risk of postoperative complications.