Lawrence W. Platt, M.D.
Long Beach, California
Dr. Lawrence Platt has practiced Ophthalmology in Racine since 1990. He is currently a Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He has been actively involved in teaching eye surgery to Ophthalmology residents for over twenty five years. He has been selected as “Teacher of the Year” on numerous occasions.
Dr. Platt’s clinical practice is based in Racine. He maintains privileges at Ascension All Saints Hospital and the Racine Aurora Medical Center. He is also an attending surgeon at the Zablocki VA Medical Center. He has extensive clinical experience in the management of cataract, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, and macular degeneration. He has performed well over 10,000 eye surgeries, including many patients with multiple medical problems.
Dr. Platt is also an active Lasik surgeon. He has been performing Lasik since the mid 1990’s and is a proctor responsible for certifying other physicians.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Wisconsin State Medical Society
- Milwaukee Ophthalmologic Society
- Racine County Medical Society
- Wisconsin Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Phi Beta Kappa, Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts
- Alpha Omega Alpa, University of Illinois -awarded as a Junior to top 5% of the medical school class.
- Teacher of the Year Award, many times
He obtained his Medical Doctorate with honors from University of Illinois. He did his internship at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Milwaukee. He did his residency at the Medical College of Wisconsin/Eye Institute and is Board Certified in Ophthalmology. His wife is a Pediatrician who practices both at Ascension All Saints in Racine and Children’s Hospital in Milwaukee. Dr. Platt served for eight years on the Executive Committee of the Racine County Medical Society, and two terms as its President. In 2011 he obtained a MBA from University of Illinois, where he was elected to Beta Gamma Sigma in recognition of academic excellence.
When not working he likes to get outside for skiing, tennis and biking. He also is an avid reader and likes to discuss books of all sorts.